WELCOME! Thank you for your interest in joining Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union. Whether you intend to open an account to begin saving, to use our checking for your daily needs, or because you need a loan to buy a car, a house, or just to get your finances on track, we have a lot to offer. We were built by and for the Hopkins community, and as a member-owned cooperative, exist to serve our members. To find out what makes us different and why you would select us, click here. Otherwise if you are ready to get started with your application….let’s go!
Some general information:
Belonging to JHFCU means you are part of a special group. JHFCU membership is open to employees, students, alumni and retirees of most of the Johns Hopkins institutions and other affiliated groups; household and immediate family members of current members are also eligible. Check our full list of membership eligibility if you have any questions.
Of course regulations and other government requirements exist for opening an account at a financial institution, but we will try to make the process as smooth as possible.
The initial application process will take about 10 minutes to complete. During this process you will be asked a series of questions to help us verify your identity and eligibility. Please have the following information available to complete the application. Note you will also be required to upload documentation, so you will need to have the physical items nearby as well.
- Your Social Security Number or Tax ID number
- Your Government-Issued ID (i.e. State Issued Driver’s License/ID or US Passport in English)
- Your proof of eligibility for membership (i.e. Student or Staff ID, JHU Alumni card, paycheck stub, etc. If eligible through a family member, please have their name and last 4 digits of their Social Security Number available)
- Proof of your current physical address may be required if the address on your government issued ID is not current (i.e. Change of Address Card (Maryland only), Recent utility bill, Valid (non-expired) lease agreement signed by landlord and tenants, or Any piece of mail sent to the current address containing a post-marked date within the past 30 days. NOTE: a PO Box is not a valid form of a physical address.)
- If you wish to apply for a loan, we may require proof of income, but let’s get your new JHFCU account opened first.
After you complete and submit this online application, we will follow up with you for some additional information, any necessary forms for adding other requested services, and directions for funding your account. Once the additional process is complete and you have at least $25 in your new account†, you are eligible to apply for or use most of JHFCU’s services (some restrictions apply). We hope to make the application process as easy as possible, while gathering all that we need to establish your account and learn how we can best serve you!
I AM READY TO JOIN JHFCU*
*If you are applying for a Custodial account, are under 18, or do not have a Social Security or Tax ID Number, please click here for more information about opening an account in person or via mail.