For some of you, this may be your first time being involved in your finances. And with classes, roommates, and so many other things vying for your attention, don’t let your finances take the back seat. We can help you through every step of the way, from opening your account to getting set up with mobile banking, to make banking on the go a breeze.
We strive to be your financial partner, not only while you’re a student at JHU, but as you progress through life, no matter where it takes you.
Your JHFCU Checking Account includes:
- No minimum balance
- 3 JHFCU ATMs on campus
- Over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs Nationwide*
- 24-hour access via Online Banking, Mobile app, or TeleBranch24
- No monthly fee or per-check charge
- Free Online Bill Payment
- Free Online statements
- Free Incoming wires
- Free box of JHFCU checks per calendar year (must have Visa Debit card, E-statements & Online Bill Payment)
Plus, FREE and Easy ways to make deposits when you’re not near a branch:
- DeposZip: Take a picture of your check with an iPhone or Droid, or scan them into your computer then electronically deposit them online. (Must meet eligibility requirements.)
- Shared Branching: Access thousands of other credit unions' branches where you can perform basic teller transactions just as if you were in a JHFCU branch. (A great way for you and your parents to make deposits when you’re out of state!)***
To open an account, you will need:
- Completed Membership Application
- $25 deposit for your savings account, to establish membership - you can make your initial deposit using a debit or credit card when applying online (maximum $100)
- Valid ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID card)
- Proof of eligibility (J-Card, class schedule with name on it, or JHU tuition bill)
- May need proof of home address (dorm assignment, lease agreement, utility bill)***
- Other documentation such as a Social Security card may be needed
International Students: To open a JHFCU account, just stop into one of our branches during regular business hours. Please bring one item from each of the following categories:
- Valid government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID card),
- Proof of eligibility (J-Card, class schedule with name on it, or JHU tuition bill),
- Proof of address (dorm assignment, lease agreement, utility bill)**
For more information, check out our International Applicants page.
*Includes the CO-OP Network ATMs. Visit jhfcu.locatorsearch.org for a full list of surcharge-free ATM locations.
**If the Home Address on the Membership Application does not match your government issued ID or if you are providing a passport.
***Some exclusions may apply.