Checking Account FAQ

Checking FAQ

  • Does a debit card come with this account?

    Yes. You’ll get a free Visa® Debit Card that you can use at over 30,000 fee-free ATMs Nationwide through our partnership with the CO-OP Network, plus many JHFCU ATMs on Hopkins Campuses.

    To learn more about our cards, including what to do if you’re traveling or your card is lost or stolen, click here.
  • How does your overdraft protection work?
    We have several overdraft options to meet your needs. Our Courtesy Payment overdraft option is the standard protection that all account holders can opt-in for. We also offer courtesy transfers from a Share Savings Account and a Loanmaker Line of Credit or Home Equity Line of Credit. To learn more about these options and how to apply or opt-in for them, please click here.
  • How can I set up a direct deposit?

    Processes for signing up can differ by employer, but at the very least you will need your nine-digit account number (provided at account opening, viewable on checks you have for your JHFCU account, or on your statement) and JHFCU’s Routing and Transit Number—sometimes just called “routing number” or “ABA number”—JHFCU’s is 252076235. For more information, click here or talk to your employer. 

  • How can I transfer money with this account?
    We offer free ACH Transfers and free incoming wire transfers with this account. If you’re looking to send money to someone else, we also offer Zelle!
  • How do I stop an automatic payment from coming out of my account?

    The best way to stop the payment is to contact the vendor who is submitting the request. If they are unresponsive, you may request a one-time stop payment or a permanent stop payment of ACH debits.  A one-time stop payment is used stop one specific payment for the date and amount you request.  A permanent stop payment will cancel all future payments to that vendor payee.  To request a one-time or permanent stop payment for automated debits, you will need to complete the Stop Payment Form. Please contact us for assistance. 

    Note: Depending where the item is in the processing cycle, the stop payment request may not be effective.