What is DeposZip?
A free secure service that allows you to scan paper checks from your desktop or mobile device and electronically send the images to JHFCU for deposit through Online Banking.
The basic requirements require that you be at least 18 years of age, have a satisfactory credit history, and have demonstrated satisfactory checking account history as reported by a Consumer Reporting Agency
*DeposZip is accessible to qualified members within Online Banking.
Do I have to purchase special software to use DeposZip?
To make deposits through your mobile device you will have to install our Mobile App for Apple or Android.
DeposZip is compatible with most major browsers.
- What are the minimum system requirements necessary to use DeposZip?
Can I use any home scanner to take pictures of my checks?
Yes, in most cases any home scanner will work. Please consult with your scanner manufacturer documentation for information on your device.
How do I access DeposZip on my mobile device?
JHFCU supports mobile deposits through our mobile apps for Apple and Android. You will have to install our mobile app in order to make deposits through your mobile device. Once installed you can tap on the mobile deposit option to get started. (mobile system requirements)
If you have not yet applied for Mobile deposit, there may be a brief waiting period before you are able to access this service while we process your registration. You will be notified by email when you have been approved.
Please read the following tips to make sure your check deposit transaction is as smooth as possible:
- Place the check on a flat well-lit surface that contrasts with the check color (if your check is white, take the picture on a black table).
- Take each picture from directly above the check and not at an angle.
- Rotate your device to landscape mode when taking the picture.
- Take each picture as close as possible, while ensuring that all four corners of the check are visible in the frame.
- Make sure each picture is properly focused and not blurry.
How do I access DeposZip on my computer?
When you log into DeposZip, you will see the DeposZip icon on your Account Summary page as seen below.
To make a check deposit:
- Log on to JHFCU Internet Branch click on "DeposZip"
- Select the account into which you wish to make a check deposit then click "Submit."
- Endorse the back of the check(s) as follows:
- The words “For deposit only at JHFCU”
- The Account Number and Suffix to which it is being deposited.
- The words “via DeposZip”
- Payee’s Endorsement (signature)
- Capture check images using scanner utility tool or another predetermined method; save these images in a location to which you can browse.
- Start a new deposit by selecting the ADD NEW DEPOSIT button.
- Select the LOAD button.
- Select the BROWSE button to choose front and back images captured in Step 1.
- Select the SAVE button to continue.
- Review the deposit. If there are any items denoted with a red circle1, you must correct them before proceeding.
- Select SUBMIT when you are
- Log on to JHFCU Internet Branch click on "DeposZip"
Can any type of check be scanned for deposit?
No. You can only scan single-party domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the account. Savings Bonds, foreign checks, third party checks, checks written to you from another account of yours at JHFCU, items stamped with "non-negotiable, incomplete checks, stale-dated or post-dated" checks, any checks that contain evidence of alteration to the information, checks purported to be a lottery or prize winning and checks previously submitted for deposit are not acceptable for scanning.
When will my deposit be credited to my account?
Checks submitted for deposit prior to 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be reviewed on the same business day. Deposits submitted after 3:00 pm EST will be reviewed the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. All deposits will be credited to your account following our standard check hold policies. Please see our hold policy as defined in the Funds Availability Disclosure.
Do I need to include a deposit slip with my scanned check deposit?
No. The DeposZip program generates an electronic record with each deposit.
How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
Up to 999 checks can be included in one deposit and multiple deposits can be submitted as long as the accumulated dollar amount of the deposit(s) does not exceed the daily deposit limit.
How Much Can I Deposit?
The deposit limit per check is $7,500 and the daily deposit limit is $15,000. The cumulative dollar deposit limit per 30 days is $50,000.
Individual check deposits larger than $7,500 can be accepted with prior authorization. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you wish to deposit a check larger than $7,500 and we can potentially issue a temporary increase*. Note: DO NOT include secure account information in the email. Please provide the name listed on your account and a phone number in case we need to contact you.
*Funds deposited are subject to the Credit Union’s Funds Availability Policy. JHFCU Check holds apply. Some exclusions may apply. Checks over $7,500 accepted via mobile or online banking – contact us if check is larger for potential temporary increase.
What fees are charged to use DeposZip services?
Members can enjoy the convenience of DeposZip without incurring a fee from the credit union.
What type of accounts can I scan deposits into?
DeposZip can be made to your savings or checking account, or money market account.
What should I do with the check once it has been scanned?
Store your check(s) in a safe place for 14 days after you receive confirmation via the deposit history in Online Banking that your deposit has been accepted, and then destroy the check by shredding or another commercially acceptable means of data destruction.
If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
If you are within the DeposZip section of Online Banking, you can select "Help" or "?" as you begin the transaction and you will see information specific to the page you are on. You can:
- Send a secure message through Online Banking (preferred for security reasons)
- Send an email to [email protected] (please do not include account information such as your account number)
- Call (800) 543-2870
How do I get a copy of my deposit?
- Once logged into your account on your PC, click the "DeposZip" menu option.
- Click the "Start Check Deposit" button.
Click on the folder icon in the upper right corner of the screen
Click on the PDF icon to the right of the deposit to view the deposit details, check images, and download.
How long can I view my deposit history?
Deposit history is maintained for member review for 18 months. For deposit history more than 18 months old, you must contact Member Services at 410-534-4500 or 1-800-JHFCU-70.
The time on my computer and the time on my deposit do not match, is something wrong?
The time stamp on the deposits is in Eastern Standard Time although your computer will reflect the time zone you reside in.
I am receiving an “Image Quality Error” when I upload a check image.
Check images must meet certain minimum quality requirements to conform to industry standards. To determine the specific error conditions that exist, click on "IQ Errors".
Common errors include the size of the image. Check images must be greater than 2.3" (460 pixels) and less than 4.5" (900 pixels) high and greater than 5.7" (1140 pixels) and less than 9.4" (1880 pixels) long. An error can also occur if the front and rear check images are different in size.
Errors can also result from an image being too light or too dark, or if the image has excess spot noise (dark regions on the scanned image).