All Applicants must provide the following:
- Completed application, front and back
- $25 initial deposit into the savings account
- Copy of a valid (not expired) government issued ID:
- State ID, Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport
- Proof of Eligibility
- Student: JHU ID, tuition bill, schedule, housing assignment, or letter from advisor/department acknowledging your enrollment with JHU
- JHU Alumni: We will verify with the JHU Alumni Association
- Employee of Hopkins or Affiliate: work badge, paystub, or appointment letter
- Family member of JHFCU member: Must have eligible family member complete the “Family Membership Eligibility Statement” on the back of the membership application. Eligible family members include parent, spouse/domestic partner, child, sibling, grandparent, or someone living in the same household and must be the primary member of the credit union.
- Address verification for home address
Acceptable forms of verification reflecting your correct address include: driver’s license/state ID, tuition bill, utility bill, Social Security card, lease agreement, mortgage, insurance (renters/home owners). We do not accept change of address cards from the MVA as verification.
Social Security Card (only if one has been issued to you)
- Students: If using campus address as home address, we require your housing assignment email as verification
- You may provide a temporary address at account opening, but must provide a permanent address and verification within 60 days or the account will be closed.
At a Branch
You may visit any one of our branches to open your account in person. We have three full-time branches, East Baltimore, Homewood, and Bayview. Be sure to bring a Hopkins or Hopkins affiliate ID badge or a current paycheck stub to show proof of eligibility for membership and a valid government-issued ID (e.g., driver's license). You will need to complete a membership application and deposit a minimum of $25.00 into a Share Savings account or sign up for payroll deduction to initiate the account. While opening your account, you can sign up for payroll deduction and online banking at the same time.
If you are a relative or co-habitant of a current member, you will need that member's account number and Social Security number on your application to join, along with your government-issued ID and initial deposit.
- You can also mail a completed application into any of our branches. Please find our application click here. To receive an application in the mail, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-534-4500. The completed application should be returned to the Credit Union with the following items:
- A $25.00 minimum deposit or a payroll deduction form.
- A copy of a valid government-issued ID for all parties to be listed on the account.
- Proof of eligibility, such as a copy of a Hopkins or Hopkins affiliate ID badge or current paycheck stub..
For JHU students:
- Incoming freshman should provide Proof of Enrollment (tuition bill, housing assignment, JH ID or class schedule) in addition to state-issued ID and minimum deposit
- Enrolled students should provide their JH ID, state-issued ID and minimum deposit
- Alumni should provide Johns Hopkins University Alumni
- White Alumni cards that all Alumni receive
- Cerulean (dark blue) Society Card
Please note: All applications must have an original signature. Applications for new membership cannot be faxed. For the security of your account and the Credit Union, all new accounts are verified through ChexSystems and are subject to the requirements of the Patriot Act. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. If you have any question contact us to speak with a representative