JHFCU Credit Cards
Note: To apply for the Starter Visa online, select “Visa (Non-Rewards)” from the online drop-down menu once logged in, then “Platinum Visa Credit Card” as the type of loan.
EMV Credit Cards – Our mass reissue of current credit cards is scheduled for this spring.
Please note, all new credit cards issued/reissued are EMV chip-enabled.
Learn more about EMV Credit Cards by watching this short video
JHFCU offers two options:
- Visa Platinum credit card with a rate as low as 7.90% APR.*
- Visa Platinum Rewards card (where member can earn points for a wide variety of merchandise) and rate is as low as 9.40% APR* (Rewards card says “Rewards” on the back of the card).
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are based on applicants’ credit and the type of credit card and may vary. Limits are based on applicant, credit, and total unsecured loan balances at JHFCU.
Features of both cards:
- No annual fee.**
- No fees for Balance Transfers (interest accrues from date of advance).**
- Rates are “non-variable” – they are not tied to an index, thus will not change automatically, but JHFCU has the option to adjust rates across the board, or for an individual, for future transactions only, with proper notification.
- Cash Advances can be made in a branch, at the ATM, or via TeleBranch24 (initially they cannot be done online, but we expect to offer online Cash Advances in the future).**
- No Over-The-Limit fee; transactions over your limit may be declined.**
** Fee for Cash advancement is $5 or 2% of amount advanced, whichever is greater. Interest begins accruing immediately.
Rewards Card Program:
- Points can be redeemed for merchandise, trips, tickets, gift cards and more.
- Automatic enrollment (you will need to register on the UChoose Rewards website to track/redeem rewards.)
- Earn reward points for every purchase (excludes balance transfers and cash advances.)
- Merchants may offer bonus points.
- Accrue up to a maximum of 100,000 points.
- A 90-day reminder will be sent for expiring points. (Points expire 3 years after earning.)
Online account access:
- Credit Card will show up under the Loan category in JHFCU's online banking.
- All cards are Suffix 77.
Paying Your JHFCU Visa Credit Card:
- Transfer from a JHFCU Checking or Savings account online, via phone, or in a branch.
- Mail or bring in your payment (tear-off coupon sent as part of monthly statement).
- If using an online Bill Payment service (either JHFCU’s or another), use your regular 9-digit JHFCU account number and dash suffix 77, e.g. XXXXXXXXX-77. (Note it is faster to transfer funds from your JHFCU account than making a payment through JHFCU's Bill Payment.)
- Minimum payment due is 2% of the balance or $30, whichever is more.
- E-statements available – if a you have e-statements for your regular JHFCU account, you will automatically get e-statements for your credit card.
Keep in Mind:
- If you currently have Online Statements, you will receive your credit card statement online also.
- Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- Your payment due date will always be the 15th of the month; cycles close on the 18th.
- Other fees:
- Late Fee $25
- Returned Check (payment) Fee $29
- Replacement Card Fee $15
- Statement copy fee $5
Card Activation/PIN Selection & Change: 1-800-992-3808
JHFCU Visa credit card FAQ