Join JHFCU’s newly formed, Student Advisory Council (SAC). This is a great opportunity to help us better serve you and other JHU students, while improving your leadership skills, expanding your resume, and gaining valuable experience within the Hopkins community. You must be a JHFCU member and current JHU student to apply to the SAC.
JHFCU is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative, built by and for the Hopkins Community.
The deadline to apply to the 2019-2020 Council is September 26, 2019.
- Advise JHFCU on how to better serve the JHU student population. Topics include: financial wellness/education, events/sponsorships, student engagement, communication channels, banking services
- Advocate for JHFCU. Encourage JHFCU membership and enlighten potential and current members about the many benefits of the credit union
- Serve as a voice of the student member
- Understand the time commitments associated with being on the council
Time Commitment and Term
- Initial term is one academic year; renewals as agreed by both CU and volunteer.
- Willing to attend up to two in-person meetings each semester (4 total meetings). The meeting schedule will be developed in partnership with the SAC and CU.
- If available, attend student events where JHFCU is represented.
JHFCU recognizes that SAC members need to balance their academic responsibilities, but asks that an effort be made to maintain the success of the council. All applications subject to review by JHFCU. The Credit Union seeks to ensure a diverse and balanced SAC that represents the JHU student community and members of JHFCU.