JHFCU wanted to provide access outside our traditional Baltimore footprint, so we’ve teamed up with credit unions across the nation. Through Shared Branching you have access to more than 5,000 convenient locations to perform transactions just as if you were at a JHFCU branch.
Whether you are at work, home, or your favorite travel destination, account access is nearby! Anywhere you see the CO-OP logo you can conduct a range of transactions, which are posted immediately to your account, including:
- Loan Payments**
- Loan Advances
Many locations also offer:
- Transfers between sub-accounts
- VISA and/or MasterCard cash advances
- Check withdrawals
- Fax services and copies
- Traveler’s checks
- Notary services
When you visit a shared branch you will need to bring:
- Your JHFCU account number
- A valid government-issued photo identification, i.e., State Driver’s license, U.S. Passport
For a complete list of participating credit unions, listed by name, zip code or state, please visit our Branch Locator.
*JHFCU check holds apply.
**Some exclusions may apply.
Qualified members* can use DeposZip from home, work, or their mobile device to make deposits 24 hours a day to their JHFCU accounts. That means no more mailing checks, or ATM/Branch visits for a deposit. Whether it’s 12:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m., our virtual doors are open for many of your banking needs!
How it works:
- Open your JHFCU App and select “Deposit.”
- Select the account to receive the deposit
- Enter the check amount.
- Snap a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check.
- Tap “Submit.”
- Click on the DeposZip link in Online Banking.
- Select the account into which you wish to make a check deposit then click "Submit."
- Select your scanner (the first time you use the service you will be prompted to install a scanner, you will only need to do this once.)
- Enter the total deposit amount of your checks.
- Endorse the back of the check(s).
- Scan the front and back of your check(s).
- Review and Submit your deposit.
You'll be notified automatically by email that we’ve received your check deposit. Regular holds apply, and check deposits go through a quality control verification process, to ensure they can clear. Keep your check(s) for two weeks just in case it’s needed for verification. After that, they should be destroyed.
Endorsing Your Checks:
All checks must identify the method of deposit. This is very important as you risk your check being returned or deleted if not properly endorsed. Please review the approved endorsements below:
For a Mobile DeposZip Endorsement:
“For JHFCU Mobile Deposit”
For a Desktop DeposZip Endorsement
“For JHFCU via DeposZip”
- Endorse the back of your check properly.
Store your check(s) in a safe place for 14 days after receiving confirmation that your deposit has been accepted.
- After 14 days, write “Void” on each check you deposit, then destroy or file.
*Basic requirements include a member be at least 18 years of age, and have a satisfactory history of managing their Johns Hopkins FCU account. You must have a satisfactory credit history along with a demonstrated satisfactory checking account history as reported by a Consumer Reporting Agency