The Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union (JHFCU) paid Internship Program provides college students with the ability to collaborate with staff professionals, gain hands-on work experience and increase their knowledge of the Credit Union industry. We foster a team atmosphere where interns are treated with respect and their opinions are both encouraged and valued. Our intern ambassadors interact with multiple departments and leaders, work together on projects, participate in educational sessions and volunteer in the community.
- Apply Classroom Learning to the Real World
- Receive a $500 Scholarship*
- Earn while you learn—JHFCU internships are paid positions!
- Explore a Career Path
- Leadership and Skill Development
- Build Your Network
- Enhance Your Resume
- Experience the Credit Union Difference
*JHFCU interns who successfully complete the summer internship will receive a $500 scholarship made payable to his/her College or University.
The availability of intern positions is based on organizational needs. Past Internship positions have worked in diverse areas of the Credit Union including:
"This internship experience has allowed me to establish relationships with fellow coworkers, experience tasks within the different departments of the credit union, as well as learn techniques and strategies that will greatly benefit my future career.”
Taylor Walker, 2018-2019 Compliance and Finance Intern
To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior currently enrolled in a college or university
- Major in a related field
- Ability to work 24 – 40 hours a week*
- Interns must participate in at least one volunteer credit union community service project
- Must provide a recent college transcript and resume
- Credit Union background check and credit verifications
The summer internship is a temporary (10 -12 week) position. The summer internship typically runs from Memorial Day through August.
*JHFCU intern positions typically work on weekdays; some positions may be asked to work occasional weekend events.
***The deadline to apply for a 2020 Internship Opportunity is March 31st.***
“My internship at JHFCU has been a real stepping stone for my marketing career, providing a tangible experience to learn the ins-and-outs of the credit union, connect with credit union members and creatively explore marketing opportunities.”
Harriyson Suh, 2014-2015 Marketing Intern, Johns Hopkins University, Class of 2016