- Apply Classroom Learning to the Real World
- Receive a $500 Scholarship*
- Earn while you learn—JHFCU internships are paid positions!
- Explore a Career Path
- Leadership and Skill Development
- Build Your Network
- Enhance Your Resume
- Experience the Credit Union Difference
*JHFCU interns who successfully complete the summer internship will receive a $500 scholarship made payable to his/her College or University.
The availability of intern positions is based on organizational needs. Past Internship positions have worked in diverse areas of the Credit Union including:
"This internship experience has allowed me to establish relationships with fellow coworkers, experience tasks within the different departments of the credit union, as well as learn techniques and strategies that will greatly benefit my future career.”
Taylor Walker, 2018-2019 Compliance and Finance Intern
To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior currently enrolled in a college or university
- Major in a related field
- Ability to work 24 – 40 hours a week*
- Must be a JHFCU member and/or dependent of a JHFCU member in good standing. For membership information, click here
- Interns must participate in at least one volunteer credit union community service project
- Must provide a recent college transcript and resume
- Credit Union background check and credit verifications
The summer internship is a temporary (10 -12 week) position. The summer internship typically runs from Memorial Day through August.
*JHFCU intern positions typically work on weekdays; some positions may be asked to work occasional weekend events.
Preview Positions & Apply
***The deadline to apply for a 2019 Internship Opportunity is April 26th.***
“During my time at JHFCU, I was assigned tasks and responsibilities that not only gave me the experience to guide me into a professional role; but taught me lessons in the business world that no classes could teach. The employees at JHFCU were kind and always gave a helping hand! They knew how to make the office fun with the occasional volleyball games in the morning and donuts in the lunch room! JHFCU is a great place to be.”
Elyssa Simon, 2018 Marketing Intern, Towson University, Class of 2019
The Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union (JHFCU) paid Internship Program provides college students with the ability to collaborate with staff professionals, gain hands-on work experience and increase their knowledge of the Credit Union industry. We foster a team atmosphere where interns are treated with respect and their opinions are both encouraged and valued. Our intern ambassadors interact with multiple departments and leaders, work together on projects, participate in educational sessions and volunteer in the community.