Important Financial Travel Tips
Preparation is the key to ensuring a financially safe and hassle-free trip. Here are some tips to help keep your money safe when traveling:
- Notify us before you will be traveling by logging into your account and completing the Visa Travel Notification Form, or by downloading the Visa Travel Notification Form (PDF) and faxing it to 410-467-0319. This will ensure that your cards aren't suspended for unusual activity.
- Carry only the cards you need for the trip and leave the rest at home. Make a copy of everything in your wallet, including the photo page of your passport. Keep a record of all the cards in your wallet and the telephone numbers to contact should you have to report lost or stolen cards.
- Protect Your PIN—As you would at home, use caution when conducting a transaction at an ATM or point-of-sale terminal by shielding your Personal Identification Number (PIN) with your hand or body.
- Keep your receipts. Save the receipts of all your purchases, and compare them against your financial statements when you return. If you detect any unusual activity, contact us.
- Bring more than one form of payment (three is recommended). Keep two with you and a third in a safe place back in your hotel/room. If one is lost or stolen, you will not be stranded with no means of payment.
Traveling within the United States?
Reach your Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union account from other credit union locations nationwide! CO-OP Shared Branch network provides thousands of convenient locations where you can perform transactions just as if you were at a JHFCU branch. Anywhere you see the CO-OP Shared Branch logo you can conduct a range of transactions, which are posted immediately to your account, including:
- Loan Payments (except mortgage)
- Transfers between JHFCU accounts
- Money orders, traveler's checks and official check purchases**
To find a complete list of the more than 5,000 participating credit unions, listed by name, zip code or state, please visit our Branch Locator.