JHFCU offers a free Share Draft Checking with no minimum balance requirement. With Share Draft Checking, you can receive:
- A free Visa debit card to make purchases from your checking account.
- Access to over 50,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
- The opportunity to sign up for Online Bill Payment to pay an unlimited number of bills
- First box of JHFCU Classic-style checks free.
- One box of Classic-style checks free per calendar year with Bill Payment, E-Statements, and a Visa debit card.
How to Apply:
- If you are already a member of JHFCU and would like to open a checking account, please print and mail in/drop off a checking account application.
- If you are not already a member of JHFCU and would like to open an account, please fill out and submit our membership application (PDF) and:
- Copy of your work badge (who can join) or other proof of eligibility (college students - JHU confirmation/welcome email, student ID, class schedule with name on it, or JHU tuition bill with name on it),
- Copy of valid government-issued ID or passport (If the address on the ID provided does not match the home address on the application proof of address may be required. Examples of proof of address include: a major utility bill or lease agreement reflecting the address on application.)*,
- $25 minimum deposit for the savings (all members need a minimum balance of $25 in savings in order to maintain an account; it's what makes you a member),
- Mail to any of our branches, drop it off during normal business hours, or place it in our drop box at the East Monument St branch.
Note: If you would like to begin direct deposit or payroll deduction and are a Hopkins Employee, you may include those forms with your application. Non Hopkins Employees - You must still contact your employer and authorize that your payroll deduction and/or direct deposit be sent to JHFCU.
*College Students - If your home address does not match your ID, please send us a copy of proof of address (ex: a letter from your college with your address on it, a lease agreement, or utility bill.). If you do not send a proof of address, you will have 60 days from when the account is opened to supply this information or the account will be closed. No checks or cards will be issued until proof of address is received.