As of November 14, 2018, we will no longer provide support for TLS (Transport Layer Security) 1.0 and 1.1
What does this mean? In short, TLS is a set of rules that provides security between computer applications and if the browser or device trying to access Online Banking or Mobile Banking does not support TLS 1.2 access will be denied.
- Internet Explorer running on systems with operating systems older than Windows 7 will be impacted.
- Windows 7 devices running older versions of IE (8, 9, 10) and Windows 8 devices running IE 10 can support TLS 1.2, but don’t by default – users will be required to change browser settings.
- Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
- Windows 10 devices running IE 11 or Edge support TLS 1.2 with no required changes.
Android Devices OS Impact
- Android OS versions prior to 4.4.2 do not support TLS 1.2. – Users will not be able to use their device for Mobile Banking.
Test browser capability and TLS FAQs:
- Test the TLS capability of your browser: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
- More information regarding compatibility can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security