This loan allows you to borrow up to $1,750 at 12.99% APR**. In order to receive this loan you must be a Credit Union member for at least one year and be actively employed by the Johns Hopkins Hospital, University, Bayview Medical Center, or any other eligible Johns Hopkins affiliate.
Past Winter Wonder Loan Recipients: A special letter with information about obtaining the Winter Wonder loan early will be sent to you prior to official availability of this loan; it will include important information about the specific dates that you may visit a branch for your loan disbursal.*
If you will be a first-time borrower, and are interested in applying, please note the following important information:
Early Winter Wonder Loan disbursals are by Invitation Only. Anyone who did not receive a letter may apply in person between December 4th and 15th.
In order to be considered for the Winter Wonder Loan:
- You must be a full-time employee of Hopkins or a Hopkins affiliate.
- You must be able to provide copies of your 2 most recent paycheck stubs (pay stub must reflect at least 32 hours per week).
- You must be able to provide a valid government issued ID—Driver’s License, State-Issued ID, and/or Passport. (A Hopkins ID card is not sufficient)
- You must authorize JHFCU to obtain a current credit report. Although the approval criteria are less stringent for the Winter Wonder loan, your overall credit history will be considered.
- Your JHFCU account must be at least one year old and must currently be in “good standing” (defined as no past-due loans and no negative share account balances).
- Your JHFCU account must not be subject to any court-ordered garnishments or wage attachments.
- Your JHFCU account may not reflect any prior charged-off loans or share balances.
- If you currently have a JHFCU share draft checking account, the maximum number of NSFs allowable (items rejected due to non-sufficient funds) is nine (9) per calendar year.
You may visit any of our branches to apply once the loan is available for application. You must bring your 2 most recent paycheck stubs with you.
Note that early Winter Wonder Loan disbursals are by invitation only. Anyone who did not receive an invitation letter must apply once it is open to full membership.
Please note that wait times may be longer than usual during these time.
*Note: Invitation-Only letters do not guarantee loan approval.
**APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Restrictions may apply. Rate for this product reflects a 1/2% discount for payroll deduction. Your actual rate may vary. Maximum rate is 13.49% APR. Offer ends December 15, 2017.