OFFICIAL RULES –Online Banking Registration
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. Void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR. – Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union – 2027 E. Monument Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205. 410-534-4500, 1-800-JHFCU-70.
3. TO ENTER. You need not be a member of Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union to enter. Deadline to enter the drawing is Sunday, December 31, 2017.
The deadline is by 11:59 PM (EST) (the "Promotion Period"). Persons must complete an official entry form in a manner listed below in order to be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on the established date. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
One entry per person may be made.
Individuals must either:
• Log in to their JHFCU account online at www.jhfcu.org six (6) times during the month of August, September, October, November, and/or December, 2017.
• Or put your name, address, phone number, and email address on an index card and drop it off at one of JHFCU’s branches, or mail it in an envelope to Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union, Attention Marketing, 2027 E. Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21205 by the deadline date for the drawings.
4. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER:
Log in to their JHFCU account online six (6) times during the month of August, September, October, November, and/or December, 2017., OR complete an entry form as above.
Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, contractors, directors, officials, committee members and agents of Sponsor, and its affiliates and members of such employees’ immediate families residing in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
5. PRIZE DETAIL.
Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union will provide five (5) grand prizes of $500 cash.
(Also see Number 6.)
6. The WINNER must, among other things, complete a W-9 form in order to qualify for receipt of the prize.
7. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. There will be one winner randomly drawn from the eligible entries on or about September 1, October 1, November 1, December 1, and January 1, 2017 at which time the winner will be verified and notified. The winner will be posted to JHFCU’s website. If the Winner does not claim their prize within 10 days of notification, he or she is disqualified and another winner will be drawn. The winner need not be present and will be notified by phone, e-mail, if available, and/or mail. Notification will deemed to have be given upon contact of the Winner by telephone, the mailing or electronic mailing of the notification, whichever occurs first. The winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen calendar (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity 2027 E. Monument Street • Baltimore, Maryland 21205 • Tel (410)534-4500 • Fax (410)342-1160
purposes by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferrable and no substitutions are permitted, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these official rules.
8. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union will report all Prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winner will be responsible for the payment of any taxes associated their receipt of the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, divisions advertising and promotional agencies and each of the forgoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay (ii) failure of any entry to be received or processed by Sponsor and/or the Released Parties due to technical problems or human error, (iii) communications line failures, (iv) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information or (v) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Additional restrictions may apply. Entry of Sweepstakes through the method of enrolling in E-statements will not improve your chances of winning.
11. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT. To be notified of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by deadline date to Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union, E-Statement/Online Banking Sweepstakes Drawing, 2027 E. Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21205. The name of the winner will be posted on the JHFCU website at www.jhfcu.org, following the drawing.
12. DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the City of Baltimore, State of Maryland, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Maryland without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Close
4825-8543-5173, v. 1